Environmental Protection – Home
Ninth Meeting of the Committee on Aviation and Environmental Protection
Amendments to Annex 16
38th Assembly Outcomes
Global Aspirational Goals
Technological and Operational Measures /ASBUs
Sustainable Alternative Fuels for Aviation (SUSTAF)
Market-based Measures (MBMs)
States’ Action Plans
Assistance to States
Cooperation with other United Nations Bodies
Carbon Inventory and Climate Neutral Initiative
ICAO Environmental Tools
Outreach and Public Awareness Activities
Voluntary Support for ICAO’s Environmental Work
Technical Cooperation Projects
Environment-related Technical Cooperation and Assistance Projects Implemented through the ICAO Technical Cooperation Bureau (TCB)
Technical Cooperation Projects and Activities
During 2013, there were seven national and two regional operationally-active technical cooperation projects which were fully dedicated to, or had elements related to, environmental protection.
Asia and Pacific (APAC) Region
- Delivery of training courses entitled aviation internal auditor; senior civil aviation management; airport greenhouse gas management; aviation policy for executives; and civil aviation management programme, under the Developing Countries Training Programme offered by three States to national staff of 34 States.
Caribbean and South American (CAR/SAM) Region
- Conducting of an environmental impact study for one State related to the construction of a new international airport.
- Conducting of a social and economic impact study related to the international airport of one State.
- Assistance to one State in the preparation of an action plan for the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions in the air transport industry.
Europe and Middle East (EUR/MID) Region
- Development of an Environmental Action Plan for one State including measures to reduce emissions.
Technical Assistance Project and Activities
During 2013, there were no operationally-active technical assistance projects in the environmental field.