ICAO would like to congratulate the winners of the ICAO & ACI World YOSC "Video Challenge" for their outstanding submissions. ICAO also wishes to underline the quality and creativity of all submissions received, and for the important contribution from all participants to the ICAO Year of Security Culture (YOSC) 2021.
1st prize: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (The United States)
2nd prize: The State Secretariat of Civil Aviation of Cambodia
3rd prize: Václav Havel Airport Prague (Czechia)
People's Choice Award: General Civil Aviation Authority of the United Arab Emirates
In support and in promotion of ICAO's Year of Security Culture (YOSC), the ICAO and ACI World YOSC "video challenge" was designed to help showcase an effective security culture in aviation in an entertaining format.
The aviation community was encouraged to produce short videos with the aim of enhancing security behaviours and practices in aviation employees.
1) Ireland: Aer Lingus
2) Cameroon: Civil Aviation Authority
3) United Kingdom: CAMOR Ltd (Risk and Security Solutions)
4) Philippines: Clark International Airport (CRK)
5) Mongolia: Civil Aviation Authority
6) Cambodia: State Secretariat of Civil Aviation
7) Czechia: Vaclav Havel Airport Prague (PRG)
8) Portugal: Public Security Police
9) Portugal: SATA Azores Airlines
10) The United States: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
11) The United States: SSi, Inc. (Safety & Security Instruction)
12) United Arab Emirates: General Civil Aviation Authority
13) Colombia: El Dorado International Airport (BOG) (first)
14) Colombia: El Dorado International Airport (BOG) (second)
15) Colombia: El Dorado International Airport (BOG) (third)
16) Portugal: Lisbon Cascais-Tejo Regional Airport (CAT)
Eligibility to participate
Airport companies and all other entities involved in aviation operations (in security and non-security roles) could participate either individually or as a group.
Video topics and themes could include:
The deadline for all video submissions was 30 November 2021.
Prizes were awarded for the best 3 videos as chosen by an ICAO and ACI World jury. The jury included the Deputy Director of Aviation Security and Facilitation in ICAO (Sylvain Lefoyer) and the Senior Director, Security and Facilitation at ACI World (Nathalie Herbelles).
Winners will also receive a bundle of ACI World security related handbooks, along with ICAO and ACI World memorabilia.
All eligible entries feature on ICAO TV as part of the ICAO Security Culture Webinar.
ACI World and ICAO have copyright ownership and/or intellectual property (IP) of the videos produced for this challenge.