INFORMATION ON CREDENTIALS
1. Credentials in original form are required for the meeting, in any of the ICAO working languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Photocopies, scanned copies, electronic signatures or facsimiles will not be accepted.
2. Such original credentials should be signed on behalf of the State concerned, by a person duly authorized to do so, including: Head of State; Head or Deputy Head of Government; Minister of Foreign Affairs or Minister of Transport (Civil Aviation); Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority; Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary in Canada or USA; Head of permanent mission to the United Nations or to ICAO.
3. For international organizations, the original credentials should be signed by their Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or Deputy CEO.
4. Credentials should give the name and position of each member of the delegation and indicate the capacity in which he or she is to serve at the meeting. No self-nominations will be accepted (i.e. credentials cannot be signed by any person listed therein), except for Chief Executive Officers of international organizations.
5. In accordance with Rule 4 of the Standing Rules of Procedure of the Assembly of the International Civil Aviation Organization (Doc 7600), delegations of Member States may be composed of delegates, alternates and advisers (no observers); one of the delegates should be designated as “Chief Delegate”. Representatives on the Council of ICAO or to ICAO do not require special credentials to be accredited as delegates.
6. In accordance with Rule 5 of the Standing Rules, Non-Member States and international organizations duly invited by the Council, or by the Assembly itself, may be represented by observers. Where a delegation consists of two or more observers, one of them should be designated as “Chief Observer”.
7. The credentials should preferably be sent by 2 September 2016 to the Secretary General or may be deposited, when registering on-site, with the Secretary of the meeting through the designated Credentials Coordinator. If the original credentials are not received by the time of registration, only a temporary identification badge will be issued.
8. The ORIGINAL of credentials must be sent as soon as possible by regular mail to the following address:
ICAOAtt: 39th Session of the ICAO Assembly Credentials999 Robert-Bourassa BoulevardMontréal, Quebec, H3C 5H7Canada