Information on these pages are historical in nature, and is not being maintained.
Current projects and updates are now located here:
Please update your bookmarks!
The following tasks are carried out under the strategic objectives "Safety" and "Efficiency".
- International airways volcano watch
- Tropical cyclone warning system
- Quality management system (QMS)
- Uplink and downlink of MET information
- Turbulence reporting and warnings
- World area forecast system (WAFS)
- Satellite distribution system for information relating to air navigation (SADIS)
- Observing and forecasting of MET conditions at aerodromes & terminal area
- Transition of aeronautical meteorological information, including OPMET, to digital formats
- MET information to support ATM
For additional information, please contact:
Mr. Raul Romero / Mr. Neil Halsey
Technical Officers, Meteorology (MET)
Air Navigation Bureau (ANB)
Telephone: +1 514-954-8219 (Raul ext. 7079) (Neil ext. 6107)