Enhance the awareness and visibility of your organization by promoting your brand name.
Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, is considered to be one of the world's most acclaimed aviation brands.
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE and a division of the group, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world's leading airlines. Etihad Airways flies to over 80 destinations with a fleet of 103 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, and carried 682,100 tonnes of cargo in 2018.
In recent years, the organisation has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme, aviation training and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) service.
The Emirates story started in 1985 when we launched operations with just two aircraft.
Today, we fly the world's biggest fleets of Airbus A380s and Boeing 777s, offering our customers the comforts of the latest and most efficient wide-body aircraft in the skies.
We inspire travellers around the world with our growing network of worldwide destinations, industry leading inflight entertainment, regionally inspired cuisine, and world-class service. Read on to find out more. https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/about-us/
A GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN FOR CIVIL AVIATION
The global civil aviation industry is experiencing a digital revolution. Yet our ability to embrace technological change is at odds with our reticence to trust technology. Both the jet engine and blockchain emerged at a time when our world and its institutions were in crisis, but the ultimate benefits they would bring to society far exceeded their original purpose. As the jet engine would lead to the democratization of air transport, so will blockchain lead to the democratization of trusted data.
Blockchain offers a cryptographically secure method for members of a network to record events on a distributed ledger that is immutable and tamper-proof. When combined with an intelligent approach that connects with existing systems of record, this technology can solve the fundamental problem of trusted data between members of the civil aviation community.
At the ICAO Aviation Blockchain Summit, Block Aero will explain why the following values are critical to successful adoption of blockchain for our industry and are the guiding principles of our global vision:
- Open Source
The details of Block Aero's technology and approach to engaging with the industry are available in our whitepaper that will be presented at the Summit.
About Block Aero Technologies Limited
Block Aero Technologies Limited is accelerating the advent of a fully digitized aerospace industry and upgrading safety management systems. We are improving the transparency and simplicity of communication between industry stakeholders, certified organizations, and regulators on a global blockchain network.
Emerging technologies are disrupting old paradigms and unleashing new opportunities. Oracle has embedded innovative technologies in every aspect of our cloud, enabling companies to reimagine their businesses, processes, and experiences.
With the introduction of Oracle Autonomous Database, the industry's only self-driving, self-securing, and self-repairing database, Oracle is again revolutionizing how data is managed. Oracle is the #1 provider of business software, with a broad portfolio of solutions for companies of all sizes. Today, 430,000 customers in 175 countries use Oracle technologies to seize business opportunities and solve real, tangible challenges.
PwC is the largest professional services network in the world. With offices in 158 countries (736 locations) and more than 250,000 people, we help organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for, by delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. We were formed in 1998 by the merger of two firms — Price Waterhouse and Coopers & Lybrand — each with historical roots going back some 150 years.
Our teams bring the collective power of this network together to address our clients' specific needs. We build trust by developing a global perspective with an in-depth understanding of local, national, regional, and global issues. We create value for our clients through three core lines of service: • Advisory: Advice and assistance related to transactions, performance improvement and crisis management; additionally PwC has expanded their advisory services over the past twelve years to include strategy, management, IT consulting services. • Assurance and audit: Innovative, high-quality, independent and cost-effective services related to financial controls, regulatory reporting, shareholder value and technology • Tax: A wide range of specialist resources, primarily in tax structuring, tax compliance and human resources
Strata Manufacturing PJSC (STRATA) is a composite aero-structures manufacturing facility based in the heart of Nibras Al Ain Aerospace, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates. The company was established in 2009, with production beginning in 2010. Strata has partnerships with the world's leading aircraft manufacturers such as Airbus, Boeing and Leonardo-Finmeccanica Aero-structures Division as well as a Tier one supplier to Pilatus, FACC AG, SAAB and S.A.B.C.A.
Strata is wholly owned by Mubadala Investment Company PJSC (Mubadala), the Abu Dhabi-based investment and development company and is part of the Aerospace, Renewables & ICT platform that aims to advance the development of a leading aerospace hub in Abu Dhabi.
Strata manufactures various parts on Airbus, Boeing and ATR aircrafts:
1. Airbus A330 family Flap Track Fairings
2. Airbus A330 family Ailerons
3. Airbus A330 family Spoilers
4. Airbus A350 – 900 family Flap Support Fairings
5. Airbus A350 – 1000 family Flap Support Fairings
6. Airbus A350 – 900 family Inboard Flaps
7. Airbus A380 family Flap Track Fairings
8. ATR 42/72 Rudder
9. ATR 42/72 Vertical Fin
10. Boeing B777 Empennage Ribs
11. Boeing B787 Vertical Fin Ribs ; and
12. Pilatus PC-24 Belly Fairings.
The General Civil Aviation Authority was created in 1996 by Federal Cabinet Decree (Law 4) to regulate Civil Aviation and provide designated aviation services with observance to the safety and security to strengthen the aviation industry within the UAE and its upper space. Since 1996 the Authority has made considerable progress and embarked on bold new initiatives to provide a better service to its civil aviation clients and stakeholders. Since 1996 many new projects and innovations have been initiated with generally excellent result, such as modernization of the air traffic control center program, Radar equipments and establishing of new facilities to serve the growth of the civil aviation within the UAE.
Since its beginning as a former directorate the authority has:
1. Completed construction of its Abu Dhabi Headquarters which contain ATC center and other supporting facilities.
2. Substantial Completion and occupancy of the Dubai Regional Office building to better serve our Dubai and Northern Emirates clients, and connected by an intra-net system networking with our Abu Dhabi Headquarters.
3. Comprehensive creation of the necessary infrastructure to establish civil aviation services compatible with 21st century needs including state-of-the-art Air Traffic Control systems; Civil Aviation Regulations and AIP up-grades; Flight Safety Services procedures; internal HR structures and policies; and a host of other activities to ensure safe and efficient services. Continued success in our nationalization program with certification of national personnel in the Flight Safety; Air Navigation and Administration & Finance Directorates creating an overall nationalization exceeding 49% of the GCAA workforce.
4. The establishment and conduct of scheduled active audits of all UAE Aircrafts Operators, International Airports and Dangerous Goods forwarders to ensure aviation safety in operations, airworthiness and security functions.
5. Introduction of Satellite navigation Global Positioning Systems (GPS) approach procedures for the Dubai International Airport – the first in the Middle East region.
Aviation Industry is one of the most important economic sectors globally, the demand for air transport will increase by an average of 4.3% per annum over the next 20 years. This implies that demand for air travel will increase by a factor of two and a half over the period.
UAE is ranked number 1 in the Quality of Air Transport Infrastructure Index by the World Economic Forum. The first edition of GIAS will soar an investment platform focused in gathering the international finance and operational players, highlighting and showcasing global aviation investment projects, where participants will access a unique environment to network in a leading investors ecosystem, an opportunity to acquire essential formation and resourcing, essential to improve the prospects of all participating countries, organizations and business corporations in raising capital, discovering amazing regional investment or finding new costumers globally.
GIAS objectives are:
· Position your organization/ country to get maximum exposure and promote your projects and investment opportunities to a targeted audience.
· Have direct access to investors when they are actively seeking opportunities.
· Apprise yourself of the latest location developments and get updates on new business and investment opportunities.
· Understand the policies and regulations aimed at making countries attractive to investors.
· For professional development and advancement to pitch your project ideas to investors.
· Strengthen the competitiveness of national firms and facilitate your access to foreign markets, resources, technology and know-how.
· Maximize your organization's exposure by attending all the sessions and various features of the event.
· To be exposed to new ideas, contacts and resources.
· To get insights into best practices and what is being planned and done by others to mitigate or eliminate downtime risks and failure mode.
IACT (International Aviation Consulting & Training), a subsidiary of the General Civil Aviation Authority, UAE is a leading aviation consultancy & training organization. IACT provides consultancy and training courses on aviation safety, security, air transport agreements, corporate development, strategic planning and organizational development
Dynamic Advanced Training is a cutting-edge training facility providing comprehensive Aviation Safety & Emergency Procedures and Security training for pilots, cabin crew and aviation personnel.
Training is both theoretical, as well as hyper-realistic, practical instruction. As the first independent training organisation of its type in the region, Dynamic caters to both private and business aviation, as well as commercial airlines. Dynamic is compliant with international regulators, including the GCAA, FAA and EASA.
Harnessing the power of the emerging technology, Dynamic is one of the first blockchain-enabled aviation safety training centres, where digital credentials will let aviation professionals undergoing training to seamlessly publish data about earned skills and capabilities. Credentials published to blockchain provide enhanced, independent verification of its authenticity and accuracy, future-proofing the credentials issued