Workshop on Airport and Route Facility Management
(Port of Spain, 18 to 21 October 2005)
The workshop was attended by 34 participants from 15 Contracting States and four international organizations.Click to
A regional workshop on Airport and Route Facility Management was convened by ICAO in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago from 18 to 21 October 2005. The workshop was for Contracting States in the Caribbean, North, Central and South America regions. The invitations were open to national civil aviation administrations and included representatives of autonomous entities (public as well as private) for airports and air navigation services in the States concerned. Some selected international organizations were also invited to the workshop.
These workshops are intended to be informal meetings providing a forum for participants from States to receive advice on ICAO's policy on cost recovery and freely exchange views and information on economic aspects of the operation and management of airports and route facilities (and air navigation services in general). Those participating should come prepared to discuss any problems relating to such aspects as well as possible solutions.
The agenda for the workshop was as follows:
- ICAO policy on airport and air navigation services charges
- Organizational structures of airports, including commercialization
- Airport financial management and airport charges on air traffic
- Development and management of non-aeronautical activities
- Infrastructure financing
- Organizational structures of air navigation services, including international cooperation
- Financial management of air navigation services and air navigation services charges
Special attention was given to (1) the newly revised ICAO policy and guidance in the field of airport and air navigation services economics and management, and (2) new ideas related to the performance of the air navigation system. General information about the workshop may be found in English and Spanish. Documentation for the Workshop is in English and Spanish and may be accessed following this link.
For further information please contact: