Acknowledging the importance of assistance and cooperation in the field of specialized aviation training, the Assad Kotaite Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellowship Fund was established in honour of Dr. Assad Kotaite, past president the Council of ICAO and President Emeritus since his retirement. The objective of the Fund is to advance the safety and development of civil aviation by strengthening the capabilities of national civil aviation personnel through the provision of graduate and postdoctoral studies. The Fellowship Programme targets developing countries that are most in need of assistance in the area of aviation training. By these means, the Fund is expected to contribute to the enhancement of the capability of developing countries to implement ICAO's Standards and Recommended Practices.
To be eligible to qualify, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be accepted or already enrolled in an internationally recognized university
- Be enrolled in a graduate (Master’s or Ph.D) or post-doctorate programme
- Area of study must be in a civil aviation related field
Candidates must provide the following documents:
- Letter of acceptance from internationally recognized academic institution at Master’s or PH.D level
- Letter of recommendation from current/previous employer or professor
- Proof of academic standing (diplomas and/or transcripts)
- Statement letter explaining reason and justification for applying for the bursary
Proof of identity and residency (e.g. photocopy of passport, etc.)
The deadline for application is 15th November 2014.
How to apply
To apply for a bursary of the Assad Kotaite Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellowship Fund, candidates must:
- Fill out and print application form
- Provide of all the documentation as described in the requirements above.
- Send all of the above to ICAO to the attention of:
Mr. Peter Noad
Technical Co-operation Bureau
|| firstname.lastname@example.org |
||+1 514 954-6077|
International Civil Aviation Organization
Technical Co-operation Bureau.
999 University Street
H3C 5H7 Canada
Terms and Conditions
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Candidates who fail to provide all the required documentation, or who submit their application after the deadline will not be considered. The bursaries will be disbursed in a single lump-sum payment to selected candidates. No additional payments will be made in subsequent years. Selected candidates will be required to provide a brief synopsis of their academic and professional achievements, which may be used by ICAO for publication purposes. Selected candidates should provide ICAO with a copy of their completed dissertation.