– Including the State Safety Programme (SSP) framework and the 8 critical elements of a safety oversight system;
– Covering general and business aviation activities; and
– Retaining the safety management system (SMS) requirements specific to one area of activities in individual Annexes.
The safety management provisions, gradually introduced since 2001 in six different Annexes and now compiled in Annex 19, first edition, better address safety risks by:
the importance of safety management at the State level;
- Enhancing safety by consolidating safety management provisions applicable to multiple aviation domains;
- Facilitating the evolution of safety management provisions;
- Further promoting the implementation of Safety Management System (SMS) and State Safety Programme (SSP) provisions;
- Encouraging the collection, sharing and protection of safety information; Promoting safety culture; and
- Establishing a process to analyze feedback received regarding Annex 19 and safety management implementation.
- SMS framework is now also
applicable to aircraft Design and Manufacturing
- The four components of the SSP are elevated to the status of “Standard” (3.1.1)
- The State Safety Oversight provisions are now applicable to all service providers.
- Chapter 5 in Annex 19 contains provisions for the safety data collection, analysis, exchange and protection.