ICAO, the World Bank and ATAG once again collaborated to hold a development forum on Maximizing Civil Aviation’s Economic Contribution in African Skies. This event was hosted by the African Union and was held at the headquarters of the African Union in Addis Ababa from the 23rd to the 25th of April 2007. Click here
to view the Programme.
Tthe civil aviation sector was facing great challenges especially in Africa. However, the economic importance of civil aviation remained one of the central factors when considering strategies and measures to cope with current realities. In addition, many African countries depend heavily on a functioning air transport network for their economic growth efforts and initiatives.
The African Union, with the support of ATAG, ICAO, and the World Bank, decided to conduct a forum with the objectives of:
- promoting air transport as a catalyst for economic growth and development in Africa
- reviewing changes in policies, management, and technologies affecting air transport
- addressing constraints in implementing and/or operating air transport systems and services
- identifying regulatory approaches, benchmarks, and other measures for remedial action
- promoting close cooperation and private/public sector partnerships in air transport development
Click here to view the Conclusions of the forum.
For more information, please contact:
Air Transport Bureau, ICAO
Fax: + 1 514-954-6744