World Route Development Strategy Summit (WRDSS) 2012
to view the ICAO - World Bank - UBMA Aviation
World Route Development Strategy Summit 2012
Conference White Paper
Moderator: Aaron Heslehurst, News Anchor & Presenter, BBC World Television
Dr. Charles E. Schlumberger, Lead Air Transport Specialist, Water and Information & Communication Technologies Department, The World Bank Group
Michael F. Kellaway, Aviation Adviser, Department of Transport, Abu Dhabi
Jeremy Robinson, Partner, Gates and Partners LLP
Building on last year’s success, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) once again partnered with The World Bank and UBM Aviation, to organize the 2012 "World Route Development Strategy Summit" which ran alongside the World Route Development Forum. Global route development and aviation stakeholders at large, benefited from high-level discussions concerning the current state of the aviation sector, in particular, the most significant challenges facing the route development industry.
Top-level speakers included:
• James Bennett, Chief Executive Officer, ADAC
• James Hogan, Chief Executive Officer, Etihad
• Athar Husain Khan, Acting Secretary General, Association of European Airlines
• Hiran Perera, SVP for Cargo Planning & Freighters, Emirates SkyCargo
• Mohammed Al Dhaheri, Quality and Performance Manager, Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority
• Chris Zweigenthal, Chief Executive, Airlines Association of Southern Africa
• Dr. Maurício Emboaba Moreira, Senior Advisor, GOL Transportes Aereos
Day one focused on international issues that impact the entire aviation sector.
Day two was dedicated to technical seminars that discussed challenges to the future of the industry. These included environment: carbon financing in air transport; fuel price volatility: on our way back to $150 a barrel?; and air transport policies: lessons learnt in liberalization and open skies and the potential challenges that may arise.
The Summit was held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Participation at the Summit was free for civil aviation authorities of ICAO member States.
Contact: WRDSS Secretariat